Application Closing Date: TBA for Fall 2021
There are lots of reasons to consider applying to the Merritt Fire Rescue Department, namely:
- Opportunity to provide meaningful support to your community.
- Camaraderie and teamwork synonymous with the MFRD.
- Hourly compensation for training and response to emergencies.
- Technical training opportunities.
Need more information? Book an appointment to stop by the Fire Station located at 1799 Nicola Avenue to pick up an application package and an opportunity for us to tour you through our operation. Call (250) 378-5626.
Fire Recruitment Process:
- Online* or Paper Application
- Security Clearance (Police Information Check)
- Driver’s Abstract
- Standard Personal Interview
- Recruitment Physical (click here to see the video)
- Standard Orientation/Basic Training
- Min. Age Requirement: 19
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- You must live within 12kms of the Firehall (1799 Nicola Ave)
Recruit classes are conducted as needed. Interviews are conducted one month prior to recruit classes. If an applicant successfully completes the recruitment process and is accepted as a paid-on-call firefighter, he or she will begin the Recruit Training Program that includes hands-on training, with additional weekly training sessions covering a variety of drills, practice sessions and competency tests.