Paid-on-Call Firefighter Recruiting
We are currently accepting applications for Paid-on-Call Firefighters!
There are lots of reasons to consider applying to the Merritt Fire Rescue Department; here are only a few!
- Opportunity to provide meaningful support to your community.
- Camaraderie and teamwork synonymous with the MFRD.
- Hourly compensation for training and response to emergencies.
- Technical training opportunities.
Need more information? Stop by the Fire Station located at 1799 Nicola Avenue to pick up an application package and an opportunity for us to tour you through our operation.
- Security clearance
- Driver's Abstract
- Standard personal interview
- Physical agility test
- Standard orientation/basic training
Recruit classes are conducted as needed. Interviews are conducted one month prior to recruit classes. If an applicant successfully completes the recruitment process and is accepted as a paid on-call firefighter, he or she will begin the Recruit Training Program that includes hands-on training, with additional weekly training sessions covering a variety of drills, practice sessions and competency tests.
PAID ON CALL FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION (* = required)