The Merritt Fire Rescue Department is responsible for community safety in many ways. Responding to and mitigating emergency situations to protect life and property, minimize damage, injury or loss, and doing so as quickly and effectively is the primary focus of our Service. In non-emergency times, the Merritt Fire Rescue Department focuses on fire and life safety public education, legislative and bylaw compliance and firefighter training. More specifically the Merritt Fire Rescue Department provides:
• Fire Suppression Services
• First Responder Medical Response
• Road Rescue, Motor Vehicle Incident Response
• Fire Safety Inspections and Fire Cause Investigations
• Public Education and Community Relations
• Municipal Emergency Program Management
• Fire Service Work Experience Program
For over 110 years, our Department has strived to adapt and change as the risks, threats, and challenges to the Community have changed and takes great pride in its ability to serve the needs of our community. You can be assured that our firefighters will aid you and your loved ones any day, at any hour.
Proud to be protecting the Citizens of Merritt for over 110 years!